The annual Juried Student Show is open to all NMSU Main Campus students in any major. Original artwork created in the past 15 months in any media is viable for judging. Students may submit up to three (3) works of art. There is no entry fee. All submissions will be online, using Canvas.
Size & Space Specifications:
- Size is limited to the UAG doorway opening unless an installation is proposed
- Due to space limitations and the desire to showcase works by the maximum number of students, series are not allowed, unless mounted in a single frame or case
*The UAG staff reserves the right to determine appropriate installation and presentation criteria.
March 2nd: A list of accepted works will be posted in the UAG door, on Canvas, and on the University Art Gallery website by 5pm.
March 6th: All works accepted into the UAG JSS must be delievered, ready to install, on this date. Delivery hours are 9am-4pm.
*ANY WORKS NOT SUBMITTED BY 4PM ON FRIDAY MARCH 6 WILL BE OMITTED FROM THE EXHIBITION
March 12th: 5-7pm Opening Reception for the UAG JSS; the Awards Ceremony begins at 6pm
April 2nd: 4pm UAG JSS closes
April 7th: All work must be retrieved from teh UAG JSS by 4pm
How to Apply!
1. GET REGISTERED for access to the UAG JSS Canvas site by emailing your full name and NMSU email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. LOG INTO THE CANVAS WEBSITE (https://learn.nmsu.edu) and find the link for the UAG JSS, which should be listed as one of your courses once your Banner # is uploaded.
*To submit your work to Canvas, you must first be listed as a participant on the UAG Canvas site. Be sure you have submitted your name and Banner # to the gallery assistant at email@example.com. Once you have been registered, you will be able to log on to the Canvas website with your Banner # and password. Select “assignments” on left margin. Select “submit assignment” on the right margin. Upload the PDF you have prepared. Click on “submit assignment,” and wait for a confirmation message that will tell you your submission has been accepted.
3. Use Canvas to UPLOAD YOUR DIGITAL IMAGES (up to three (3) individual works) and to UPLOAD YOUR COMPLETED ENTRY FORM (which is available on the Canvas site).
THE DEADLINE FOR UPLOADS TO THE UAG JSS CANVAS SITE IS 5PM ON FRIDAY FEBRUARY 20TH.
Follow these steps:
1. DOWNLOAD this form as a Word document.
2. FILL IN the required contact information on the “Application Page”
3. UPLOAD a digital image of your work/s where indicated
**All images should be captured at 72 dpi in jpeg format for web resolution, with pixel dimension no larger than 1280 on longest side. If you are uploading a video, the file should be MPEG-4 up to 30 fps, 640 x 480 or WMV up to 30 fps, 320 x 240.
4. SAVE your changes as a PDF file
5. SUBMIT your PDF to the UAG JSS Canvas website
Need more information? Call Jasmine Woodul, the Gallery Administrator at 575-646-2545.